Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Girl's Camp Survivor

Well, I managed to live through Girl's Camp! Here are some pictures of some of the people who were there and the things we did.



Starr Ollerton was my assistant and the camp nurse. My daughter, Cylena, was the camp cook. She did four 19 hour days in a row. What a woman!

The Apache County 4-H Archery Leaders came and taught us how to shoot a bow and arrow. The girls really liked it.

The fire crew came from Taylor and taught the girls how to repel. This was a first for most all the girls. The girls built 11 picnic tables for Camp Silver Creek as a service project. A lot of girls were turned on to using power tools! We made some really fun crafts. We learned how to build and cook on rocket burners. When the girls performed a service for someone, they recieved a (paper) baseball. They could trade in their baseballs for a treat at the concession stand. One day, for a treat, we had cotton candy. After the "World Series of Camping Skills," we had sno cones (no pic).
On the last night, we had our traditional fireside and testimony meeting.

I don't know if I am released now from this calling or if I should start planning the next camp --- I already have some ideas.

Peggy Parkes

No comments: